If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary. City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits. Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
As the Administrative Assistant, you will provide support to the Business Unit. This position reports to the Business Strategist. Primary duties include:
Coordinate events including logistics, registration, catering, and completing training records, metrics and evaluation summaries.
Type and edit correspondence and reports.
Schedule meetings, prepare agendas and take minutes of a meeting.
Create and maintain administrative files for divisional filing systems.
Maintain and develop spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, and Word documents.
Work with PeopleSoft Financial Supply Chain Management (FSCM) to request requisitions for purchase orders for service and products.
Support the division in invoice billing.
- A high school diploma or equivalency (e.g. GED) plus completion of Business Administration courses and 3 years of related experience.
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Previous experience with SharePoint and Replicon will be considered an asset.
- Strong attention to detail, communication, customer service, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Applicants will be tested for appropriate skills.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Union: CUPE Local 38
Business Unit: Corporate Analytics & Innovation
Position Type: Temporary (up to 6 months)
Location: 800 Macleod Trail S.E.
Compensation: Pay Grade 6 $29.35 – 39.24 per hour
Days of Work: This position works a 5 day
work week with one day off in a 3-week cycle.
Hours of work: Standard 35 hour work week
Apply By: March 29, 2018
Job ID #: 301671